What We Do
We help communities complete their master plans so they:
- Have proper public and stakeholder input;
- Are current under state law and survive legal scrutiny;
- Study existing conditions that impact the community; and
- Give a roadmap so the planning commission has direction for the 5 year plan horizon.
We help communities fix their zoning ordinances so they:
- Are easier to use;
- Have pictures and graphics that show examples of specific concepts;
- Comply with required sections of the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act; and
- Reduce frustration from municipal staff and customers.
We help communities create MDNR approved 5-Year recreation plans so they:
- Are approved to apply for recreation grant funding;
- Get community support for a new park or recreation improvements;
- Understand what expenses are grant eligible; and
- Can make accessibility improvements to recreation facilities.
Why Michigan Planning Consultants?
We bring our enthusiasm to your town to hear your story;
We work for local cities, townships and villages only – no developers or private property owners;
We peer review finished products to guarantee quality;
We provide high quality solutions that meet your community’s budget;
We value face-to-face interactions but we also reduce travel costs with on-line conferencing when appropriate;
We have experience with MEDC’s Redevelopment Ready Communities program;
We don’t have fancy offices, just excellent planners; and
We only work on master plans, zoning ordinances, and recreation plans.